College Art Association
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Conference Submissions for CAA 2018The Annual Conference Committee invites proposals of interest to its members and varied audiences. Submissions that cover the breadth of current thought and research in art and art practice, art and architectural history, theory and criticism, studio art, pedagogical issues, museum and curatorial practice, conservation, design, new media, and developments in technology are encouraged.
***PLEASE NOTE: The deadlines for Sessions Soliciting Contributors, Individual Papers/Projects for Composed Sessions, Complete Sessions, Affiliated Society Sessions, CAA PIPS Committee Sessions, and Professional Development Workshops have now passed.***
***If you are attempting to edit your accepted submission; you must log in with your Submittable username and password and go to your "Submissions" tab in the upper right-hand corner of your screen once logged in.***
PROPOSAL TYPES STILL OPEN
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 1, 2017 [CONTACT TIFFANY DUGAN, DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS, email@example.com, FOR PRIVATE LINK TO FORM]
Registered exhibitor at the 2018 conference are welcome to propose full sessions or workshops (ninety minutes in length) for inclusion in the full-conference program. These sessions should convey practical information, professional expertise, or historical/scholarly content and may not be used for direct marketing, sales or promotion of products, publications, or services or programs.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All sessions will be ninety minutes in length at CAA 2018. Please plan accordingly.
- All session participants (with the exception of exhibitors) must be current individual CAA members. Institutional member IDs may not be used to participate in sessions. If you plan to participate, renew your membership or join CAA.
- All session participants must register for the conference. Online registration begins October 2, 2017. Early registration ends December 15, 2017. Advance registration ends February 7, 2018. Early and advance conference registration fees will not change from CAA 2017, New York.
- Session and paper/project abstracts should be no more than 250 words in length.
- Information in the proposal forms should be entered accurately (e.g. spelling of names, affiliations, titles) as this information will appear in conference publications such as Abstracts 2018 and the conference website.
- The Annual Conference Committee makes its selections solely on the basis of merit and works to create a balanced program.
- If their proposals are accepted, CAA members may participate in session panels in consecutive years. Each member may participate in each year's conference in up to three ways. They may serve as a: Session Chair, Session Speaker, and/or Session Discussant. Each member may not, however, serve a single role more than once in a particular conference year (i.e. serve as a speaker in two different panels, chair two sessions, serve as a discussant or Q&A leader on multiple panels, etc.).
- For more information about session proposals for the 2018 Annual Conference, please contact Katie Apsey, CAA manager of programs, at 212-392-4405 or Tiffany Dugan, CAA director of programs, at 212-392-4410.
- June 19 – Notifications sent regarding approved sessions and individual papers/projects for CAA 2018
- June 30 – CFP for approved Sessions Soliciting Contributors announced (includes Poster Sessions)
- August 14 – Paper/Project submission deadline to chairs of Sessions Soliciting Contributors (Poster Session submission deadline also)
- August 28 – Session chairs send notifications to participants selected from CFP; Poster Session notifications sent; all membership IDs due
- September 18 – Deadline for all chairs to submit final abstracts and website listings to CAA for print and web publications
Key dates for Sessions (comprised of accepted papers/projects from April call)
- June 19 – Notifications sent regarding approved individual papers/projects
- July 21 – Notifications sent regarding composed session groupings and session mentors
- September 18 – Deadline for paper authors to submit final abstracts, titles, and listing information to CAA for print and web publications (deadline for speaker order)
Key dates for Professional Development Workshops:
- May 15 – Call for Professional Development Workshop Proposals opens
- July 9 – Deadline for Professional Development Workshop Proposals (11:59 PM ET)
- August 1 – Notifications sent regarding approved workshops for CAA 2018
Key dates for Exhibitor Sessions:
- September 1 – Deadline for Exhibitor Session submissions
- September 18 – Deadline for all exhibitors to submit final abstracts and website listings to CAA for print and web publications
Key dates for Membership and Conference Registration:
- August 28 – Deadline for all session participants to prove active individual CAA membership
- October 9 – Online conference registration opens; conference website launches
- December 15 – Early conference registration closes
- February 7 – Advance conference registration closes