The Annual Conference Committee and College Art Association (CAA) Programs
Department are currently only accepting proposal submissions for Exhibitor Sessions for the 2017 CAA
Annual Conference. All other submission types have been closed.** The 105th Annual Conference will take place
from Wednesday, February 15, through Saturday, February 18, 2017, at the New
York Hilton Midtown. The conference includes over 200 sessions, 120 exhibits by
publishers and artist material manufacturers, and the nation’s largest job
placement service for visual arts professionals.
If you are an accepted exhibitor, click on the relevant submission form below. All sessions and workshops in 2017 will be 90 minutes in length; please plan accordingly.
SESSION PROPOSAL DEADLINE:
Exhibitor Session, Workshop, or Roundtable Submissions close September 1, 2016*
*To submit an Exhibitor Session request, submitters must be affiliated with an exhibitor who will be participating in the 2017 conference and who has already returned the exhibit application and contract to Paul Skiff, Assistant Director for Annual Conference (email@example.com).
RELATED KEY DATES
September 1 – Deadline for Exhibitor Session submissions
Mid-September – Online conference registration opens
September 15 – Deadline for all session chairs and workshop leaders to send their website/publication listing edits to CAA
Late December – Online conference registration closes
NOTES ON CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION:
The call for proposals for Complete Sessions, Sessions Soliciting
Contributors (open call sessions), Affiliated Society Sessions, CAA Committee
Sessions, and Individual Paper Sessions began March 1, 2016, and ended
April 18, 2016. Submitters received notification of the status of these
submissions by email on June 20, 2016.
**However, there is still time to participate in the conference as a speaker! The Call for Participation was announced July 1, 2016. This CFP includes the abstracts and chair information for sessions soliciting contributions for the 2017 conference. Potential speakers are able to review these abstracts and apply directly to the chairs of these sessions between July 1, 2016, and August 30, 2016: http://www.collegeart.org/pdf/2017-call-for-participation.pdf
Please note that all session participants and
speakers must be current CAA members from the date of submission through
February 18, 2017, and register for the conference. The premium
membership level provides the most savings on a combination of membership
renewal and conference registration. Online registration for the CAA 105th
Annual Conference will begin in mid-September and end in late December.
The 105th Annual Conference of the College Art Association (CAA) will take place from Wednesday, February 15, through Saturday, February 18, 2017, at the New York Hilton Midtown. The conference includes over 200 sessions, 120 exhibits by publishers and artist material manufacturers, and the nation’s largest job placement service for visual arts professionals. As a registered exhibitor, you are welcome to propose a 90-minute session or workshop for the 2017 conference via the form below. Sessions and workshops are a powerful way to connect more deeply with conference attendees and contribute directly to the conference program. Utilize your professional expertise and present a session or practical workshop on innovative materials, new techniques, research possibilities, groundbreaking scholarship, or unique publishing opportunities that your exhibitor is known for in a more in-depth format. The CAA Conference Committee and Programs Department welcomes a wide variety of subject areas and session formats.
GENERAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- Submissions may be started and worked on during multiple visits to the Submittable website by clicking on the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of this page. Only click the blue "Submit" button once your submission is complete and ready for review by the Annual Conference Committee. After clicking "Submit" you will no longer have access to this submission.
- The accuracy of information in this form (e.g., spelling of names, titles, grammar) is important as it will be pulled directly from this database for conference publications and the conference website.
- All sessions are 90 minutes in length; please plan accordingly.
- All participants, even exhibitor session leaders, must register for at least their session at the conference. Exhibitors who purchase standard booths receive 2 complimentary full-conference registrations. If the exhibitor leader(s) is(are) not covered by these 2 complimentary registrations, it is the session leader's responsibility to register for the conference (full-conference registration is available online through late December while single-time-slot or single-day tickets will be available on-site at the conference).
- Exhibitor session rooms default set-up is THEATER-STYLE (seating in rows with a dais, podium, table, and microphones for speakers with a laptop/audio patch). Please contact Katie Apsey, Manager of Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org), if an alternative room set-up or AV needs apply. Alternative room set-ups and additional AV needs are subject to additional costs and are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- The submissions portal will close Thursday, September 1, 2016.
- Questions regarding this form? Contact Katie Apsey: email@example.com or 212.392.4405.